Garage Space Saving Storage Solutions
By: Allen Lyle
While the primary purpose of a garage is as a place to park your car, it’s often used more for storage. Here are some space saving garage storage tips for your home.
Garage Storage Tips:
- Construct racks or shelves to store items in plastic containers.
- Add overhead storage racks for heavier items and nets for light objects.
- Hang garden tools on wall mounted rocks.
- Purchase space saving lawn equipment, such as the foldable Toro SmartStow lawn mower.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Hang Bikes in a Garage (video)
- Storing Garden Tools in a Garage (video)
- How to Build Shelves for Storage in a Garage (video)
Allen Lyle: Despite their intended design as a place to park automobiles, most American garages are primarily used for storage. There’s lots of space; but, of course, the more efficiently you use it, the more you can store. You might even be able to put the car inside.
Small items are best stored in larger plastic totes. But rather than stacking them on top of each other, consider constructing racks or shelves so you can access each tote without moving all the others.
To preserve some space for the car, add overhead storage mounted on the ceiling. Now, whether that’s a rack for heavy items, or something as simple as a net for lighter ones, you’ll be using all of the space while keeping the car out of the weather.
Rather than leaning your rakes, shovels, and hoes in a corner, build or buy a rack to hang them on the wall. They’ll be much more accessible without taking up an inch of floor space. And of course your lawn mower will tuck away much more neatly if it’s designed to fold and store vertically, like the SmartStow from Toro.
Videos You May Like
|Create Garage Storage Zones||Toro Garage Makeover Winner||DIY Garage Hacks||How to Build Closet Shelving|