Best New Products

Hampton Bay Wireless Ceiling Fan Remote Control

By: Jodi Marks

The Hampton Bay Wireless Remote Control for ceiling fans can be used to control the fan and lights on many different brands of paddle fans. To install, turn off the power to the fan, attach the controller to the wiring, and you’re ready to go.

The remote operates up to 30’ away from the fan. It includes a three-speed fan control, and light control that can be used on dimmable incandescent bulbs or CFL and LED bulbs.

The Hampton Bay Wireless Remote Control is available at The Home Depot.

Watch this video to find out more.

Video Transcript

Jodi Marks: Installing a ceiling fan with a light kit is another great lighting option for your home. And if you are going to go to the time and expense of installing a ceiling fan, think about this. This is a neat little addition to it.

This is a handheld wireless remote for your ceiling fan by Hampton Bay. Now, you don’t have to have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan for this to operate, because it operates a variety of brands. The nice thing about this is you can be 30 feet away from your ceiling fan and still operate it. Because, think about it, usually your electrician will wire your overhead fixture in your room to have two switches, one for the fan and one for the light. Or if you weren’t as fortunate, you had an electrician that maybe just had one switch at the door, and it would control the light and the fan at the same time. But with this remote control, it doesn’t matter how it was wired at the wall. You can control it with just a click of a button.

Now, you can dim incandescent lights, and there’s a setting for that. Or if you don’t want to dim your lights, say you’re using LED or fluorescent, all you do is you use another setting. And you can just turn the light on and off.

Either way, you’ve got master control right here. And who doesn’t need another remote control right there at their disposal!

Comments

18 Comments on “Hampton Bay Wireless Ceiling Fan Remote Control”

Thomas Boni Says:
    October 29th, 2018 at 12:55 pm

Hi, Don,
    We recommend contacting the manufacturer for any product-specific questions.
    Good luck!

• Don muller Says:
    October 26th, 2018 at 12:11 pm

Sir
    I have amid.AC552 SN 11622y it runs in any speed it wants to some times the lights come on also it goes from high to med. anytime I use the controller to go to low speed but it’s not easy it doesn’t listen to the controller can you help
    Thanks
    Don muller

• Larry Says:
    October 6th, 2018 at 3:00 pm

How can I purchase a replacement remote? Do I have to purchase the entire conversion package and change the receiving part?

Thomas Boni Says:
    October 3rd, 2018 at 5:06 pm

Hi, Philip,

We recommend contacting the manufacturer for product-specific questions.
    Usually, we’d share that link here for your convenience, but we can’t find an official website for Hampton Bay!
    You should check the owner’s manual for a telephone number to reach customer service.

Good luck!

• Philip Roberts Says:
    October 2nd, 2018 at 12:53 pm

My Hampton Bay ceiling fan remote control unit failed to control the fan. I purchased a replacement hand held remote, set the dip switches per the original unit. the control still failed to control the fan. The receiver dip switch settings are positioned same as the remotes and all wiring is connected and secure. I assumed the receiver may have failed and sought a replacement. Couldn’t find my model: UC7067RK. Will another receiver model replace mine ? Also will my remote unit , model: UC7083T work with a replacement remote? Note: my fan is 3 speed with a light and lacks a reverse. Thank you.

• Richard Egizi Says:
    September 27th, 2018 at 10:26 am

my remote does not turn the lights on and off , i replaced the battery . Can i purchase a remote to operate the lights

Rich Egizi

Thomas Boni Says:
    September 11th, 2018 at 4:29 pm

Hi, Ron!
    We recommend contacting the manufacturer (in this case, Hampton Bay) for product-specific questions.
    Good luck!

• Ron Fife Says:
    September 11th, 2018 at 1:54 pm

I need help with remote control unit. Cannot turn light on or off and fan runs constant and cannot be turned off. Please advise.

Ron Fife (206-954-4902)
    ronbfife@comcast.net

• James A Carr Says:
    August 22nd, 2018 at 5:47 pm

I installed 2 ceiling fans that operate off one wall switch and each fan has the remote switch mounted with the unit. The fans both operate the same – on/off and same speed. The lights operate just the opposite. If I hold the switch to brighten one light, the other light reacts the opposite by dimming. Is there anyway to get the lights to operate the same?

Thomas Boni Says:
    August 20th, 2018 at 8:10 am

Hi, Donald,

We recommend contacting the manufacturer for product-specific questions.
    Here’s where you can do that: https://www.homedepot.com/c/SPC_BRD_HamptonBay_Help

Good luck!

• Donald Gaudet Says:
    August 19th, 2018 at 8:05 pm

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan but lost the remote. Bought a new one but don’t know how to program it to operate the ceiling fan. – Remote is a UC 7078T. Thanks

• Randy Says:
    July 13th, 2018 at 11:02 am

Is there a way to reverse the direction of the fan via the remote control?

• carlos pagan Says:
    July 12th, 2018 at 3:18 pm

i buy a fan Hampton bay 52″, item 1002 586 560, model 14601, I want to give you a remote control, but I do not know which ones works or adapts, please , can you tell me what to buy?
    thanks. carlos

• Leona carrier Says:
    July 9th, 2018 at 6:16 pm

Hi have a remote doesn’t work anymore goes to my Hampton bay ceiling fan Help!!!!

Thomas Boni Says:
    May 27th, 2018 at 3:05 pm

Hi, Mary,
    TodaysHomeowner.com features home improvement advice from the nationally syndicated TV show “Today’s Homeowner” and its experts.
    We don’t sell construction or home products on this website, but we encourage checking your local The Home Depot for these materials.
    Good luck, and thanks for your question!

• Mary Guarascio Says:
    May 25th, 2018 at 2:53 pm

My remote is very hard to get to work. Pressing it hard or lightly doesn’t matter. It may be getting too old and the fan works perfectly . I am wondering if I can get a replacement one. The number on the remote control is 248723.

Thomas Boni Says:
    March 26th, 2018 at 1:30 pm

Hi, Claudette,
    Here’s more information about this topic: https://www.todayshomeowner.com/video/how-to-install-a-paddle-ceiling-fan/
    Give it a read and let us know how things work out.
    Thanks for your question!

• Claudette chin Says:
    March 23rd, 2018 at 2:50 pm

Hi ,Danny ,how do in wire a fan to a remote controle ceiling fan.
    My remote controle box has 3 wires on one side.colors are blue,red and the other is dark brown
    On the other side ,the colors are one black one white .I am having problem connecting all these wires

Hampton Bay Wireless Ceiling Fan Remote Control