Hang Rite Picture Hanging Guide Product Review
By: Allen Lyle
Use: Picture wall hanging guide.
Cost: $9.95 + $6.95 S&H = $16.90 total
Hang Rite is a picture hanging guide tool that is sold on TV infomercials which is supposed to allow you to easily mark the location on the wall for a nail or picture hanger without using a tape measure.
To use the Hang Rite picture hanging guide:
- Rest the bracket on top of a picture frame.
- Adjust the sliding bar to the location of the wire or hanging bracket on the back of the frame.
- Turn the guide around and hold it against the wall with the top level with the desired height of the picture frame.
- Place a nail at the top of the guide bar, or mark the location with a pencil.
- Remove the guide and hammer a nail into the wall. If a hook type picture hanger is used instead of a nail, position the bottom of the picture hanger hook on the mark, then hammer the hanger nail into the wall.
The Hang Rite worked well for marking the location of a picture, but the same result can be obtained easily by some simple measuring.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Hang Pictures Right the First Time (article)
- How to Hang Pictures on Drywall (video)
- How to Mark the Location for a Picture Hanger (video)
- Keeping Picture Frames Level (video)
Allen Lyle: What have you got for me?
Savannah Lyle: I’ve got the Hang Rite.
Allen Lyle: Uh, this is for hanging pictures, too?
Savannah Lyle: Yes
Allen Lyle: And you think it’s going to work?
Savannah Lyle: Possibly.
Allen Lyle: All right, well let’s see. First of all let’s find out here. What we want to do according to instructions, we’re going to move this up to where the picture is supposed to hang. Hold on to that for me.
Savannah Lyle: Okay.
Allen Lyle: And let’s see that Hang Rite. And now we’re going to turn the Hang Rite this way. How high do you want your picture?
Savannah Lyle: Right there.
Allen Lyle: Right here? You sure?
Savannah Lyle: Uh huh.
Allen Lyle: Well, hand me a nail and a hammer. That’s our mark.
Savannah Lyle: Let’s see if I’ve got this.
Allen Lyle: Was that the height, right?
Savannah Lyle: Uh huh.
Allen Lyle: Well, it seems to work all right.
Allen Lyle: Let’s try the other one. And actually, this time you’re going to do it.
Danny Lipford: The process works about the same for a picture with a string across the back. It takes a little more dexterity, but in no time Savannah gets the hang of the Hang Rite and even the hammer so she can hang the picture with ease.
Allen Lyle: Good Job
Savannah Lyle: Yay!
Danny Lipford: At $9.95 plus $6.95 for shipping and handling, the Hang Rite has a hefty price tag for a tool so simple. But it does deliver on its promise, so we’re giving it four out of five stars.
Videos You May Like
|Insta Hang Product Review||Picture Hanger Marking Tip||How to Hang Pictures on Drywall||How to Hang Heavy Pictures|