Homemade Sprinkler for Your Lawn or Garden
By: Joe Truini
It’s easy to make a homemade sprinkler for your lawn and garden from a plastic soft drink bottle, here’s how.
How to make a sprinkler:
- Drill 1/8″ diameter holes in the side of a plastic, two-liter soda bottle.
- Wrap Teflon tape around the bottle treads to form a waterproof seal.
- Screw a female-to-female hose fitting to the bottle threads.
- Attach a garden hose to the hose fitting.
- Place the sprinkler in the yard, and turn on the water.
Watch this video to find out more.
- DIY Slow Drip Watering System for Your Garden (video)
- Repairing a Broken Garden Hose (article)
- How to Water Plants (video)
Joe Truini: The next time you need to water a newly planted tree or flowerbed or grass seed, and you don’t have a sprinkler, you have a few options. You can go out and buy one, you can borrow one from a neighbor, or you can make one from an empty soda jug.
This is just a two-liter soda jug that I drilled three eight-inch-diameter holes in it. Then I attached a female-to-female hose fitting on the end.
First I wrapped the threads of the bottle in Teflon tape, because the threads of the fitting don’t exactly match the bottle threads. This way you’ll get a watertight seal. Then you simply attach it. With this fitting, it allows you to attach the bottle right to the end of the garden hose.
And then you just set it into your flowerbed or near your shrubs, as we are here, with the holes facing out a little bit. And get it in position. OK, turn on the water.
Videos You May Like
|Tip for Cleaning Under the Refrigerator||DIY Power Scrub Brush||Ceiling Hole Drilling Tip||Lawn Aeration Tips|