How to Apply Paste Wax Using Cheesecloth
By: Joe Truini
A coat of paste wax is a good way to protect surfaces such as wood, metal, or leather. It’s also a good way to renew the shine on dull, worn finishes. However, to be effective, it’s important to apply a thin, even coat of wax to the entire surface. Here’s an easy way to go about it:
- Use a putty knife to scoop out a golf ball sized chunk of paste wax from the can.
- Deposit the wax in the center of a 6” square piece of double layered cheesecloth.
- Gather the corners of the cheesecloth together, and twist the cloth into a ball.
- Rub the cheesecloth ball on the surface so the wax penetrates through the cloth and leaves a thin film.
- Allow the wax to dry on the surface for a few minutes.
- Buff the surface with a clean, soft cloth to remove any excess wax and bring out the shine.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Wax Drawer Guides (video)
- How to Restore Old Finish on Furniture Without Stripping (article)
- How to Repair a Scratch or Gouge in a Hardwood Floor (article)
Videos You May Like
|How to Restore Old Finish on Furniture...||Clean a Fireplace Surround||How to Make Seed Tapes||How to Clean Outdoor Patio Furniture|