How to Build a Storage Area Under a Deck
By: Danny Lipford
If you have a deck that’s built well off the ground, you may want to enclose the space under it to use for storage. Here’s how to go about it:
- Attach tapered furring strips to the bottom of the deck floor joists to direct the water in the desired direction.
- Screw sheets of corrugated metal or fiberglass roofing to the furring strips to act as a roof over the storage area.
- Cut and install wood lattice around the deck foundation to hide the storage area from view. Thicker lattice holds up better than thinner lattice.
- Staple landscape fabric to the inside of the lattice to further hide the storage area.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Trim Lattice Around a Deck Foundation (video)
- How to Build a Deck Foundation (video)
- How to Install Deck Boards (video)
- How to Build Deck Handrails (video)
- How to Build Deck Stairs (video)
Videos You May Like
|How to Add Built-in Seating to a Deck||How to Build a Wood Deck||Landscape and Lattice Projects||How to Trim Lattice Around a Deck Foun...|