Around the Yard
How to Choose the Right Lawn Mower for Your Yard
Choosing the right mower for your yard and mowing your grass on a regular basis are so important to a good, healthy lawn. In order to decide on the mower that’s right for your yard, ask the following questions:
- How big is your yard?
- How many trees or landscape areas do you have to go around?
- Is your yard flat or sloping?
Consider these guidelines when choosing a lawn mower for your yard:
- Small Yard: For lawns under half an acre, a walk behind push or self-propelled mower makes a good choice. When selecting a self-propelled mower, look for one with an adjustable drive system, such as the John Deere JS26, so you can vary the speed at which you walk while mowing.
- Large Yard: For a larger lawn, consider a riding lawn tractor, such as the John Deere X300, which features a 42” wide cutting deck.
- Yard Layout: If you have a larger lawn with a lot of trees or landscape features to mow around, consider a four-wheel-steer lawn tractor, such as the John Deere X304, which makes tight turns easy.
- Yard Terrain: For steeply sloping sections of your yard, use a gas powered or electric string trimmer for safety.
Videos You May Like
|Lawn Mower Maintenance||Lawn Mowing Tips||Best Fall Mowing Height||Maintaining a Lawn Mower|