How to Clean Inside the Glass on an Oven Door
By: Joe Truini
Cleaning the inside of the double glass panes on an oven door may appear impossible, but it’s not that hard if you know how.
How to clean between the glass panes on an oven door:
- Remove the access panel or drawer below the oven door.
- Attach a moistened glass cleaning wipe to a piece of coat hanger wire.
- Slide the wire and cleaning wipe up through the slots in the bottom of the oven door.
- Move the cleaning wipe back and forth between the glass panes, bending the wire as needed, to clean the glass.
- Move the wire to each of the slots in the bottom of the oven door to clean all the glass.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Clean Stainless Steel Appliances (article)
- How to Clean Dishwasher Spray Arms (video)
- Cleaning a Garbage Disposal (video)
Joe Truini: If you’ve cleaned the inside and the outside of your glass oven door and you’re still seeing streaks, it’s because there might be food dripping down on the inside between the panes of glass, as you see here.
This looks like, this streak looks like it’s on the outside, but it’s not. It’s actually on the inner surface of the outer pane, and that other streak is on the inside surface of the inner pane. So, there’s no way to reach it from the outside the door.
So, what do you do? You make a cleaning wand and you go in from below. I removed the access panel from underneath here, and on the edge of the door—the bottom edge of the door—are slots. And you can slip this wand, which is just a bent piece of wire with a moistened glass cleaning wipe on it.
Force it up in there. And there it is. Now, that’s between the glass. So, you have to bend the wire a little bit, but by working it back and forth, there you can see some of that’s already gone after just a minute.
And because there are two or three slots on the bottom edge of this door, you can pull out the cleaning wand, move it over, and clean the entire glass pane from the inside.
Videos You May Like
|Clean Dishwasher Spray Arms||Paintbrush Coffee Can Tip||Foam Spray Tube Cleaning Tip||How to Cut Tile by Hand|