How to Clean Landscape Lighting Lenses
The lenses on landscape lights can become fogged over time, reducing the amount of light the fixture delivers.
To clean landscape lighting lenses:
- Remove the lens from the landscaping lighting fixture.
- Rub the lenses in a circular motion with extremely fine steel wool (#0000) until the grime and oxidation have been removed.
- Wipe the landscape lighting lens down with a soft, clean cloth.
- Reinstall the lens back in the landscape lighting fixture.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Repair and Maintain Landscape Lighting (video)
- Landscape Lighting Design Tips (article)
- Checking Landscape Lighting Layout (video)
- How to Install Landscape Lighting (video)
Danny Lipford: The lenses on landscape lights can easily become fogged because of dirt and oxidation. This reduces the amount of light the fixture delivers.
To clear them up, simply remove the lens and buff it with extremely fine steel wool. Four-aught wool, rubbed in a circular motion, works best.
Once the lens is clear, wipe it down with a soft, clean cloth and reposition it back in the fixture. You’ll get more light to brighten your landscape.
Videos You May Like
|How to Repair Landscape Lighting||Landscape Lighting Repair Tips||Landscape Lighting Layout||How to Install Landscape Lighting|