How to Convert a Hutch Into a Cat Litter Box Cabinet
By: Danny Lipford
With a little modification, a hutch or other similar piece of furniture makes a great place to conceal a cat litter box.
- If there is a stile between the doors on the cabinet, remove it to make room for the box to be taken out at cleaning time.
- Cut the stile in two at the top and bottom, and glue and nail it to the inside of one of the doors, so no void is left between the doors.
- A pet door will allow the cat access to the inside from the right side of the cabinet. Create a template to make marking and cutting the opening much easier.
- Apply a new coat of paint before installing the pet door and modified cabinet doors on the hutch.
- In the back of the cabinet, cut a small hole for ventilation. This hole lines up with an in-wall room-to-room ventilation fan that will draw odors out of the hutch and exhaust them to the outside.
- Add a small, battery-powered, motion detector light to illuminate the inside of the cabinet.
Watch the video for detailed instructions.
Videos You May Like
|How to Adjust Cabinet Hinges||Build Recessed Wall Cabinet||Repairing a Stripped Knob||Adding Molding to Cabinet Doors|