How to Dry Clothes Faster
By: Danny Lipford
If your dryer seems to take forever to dry clothes, the problem might not be the dryer but the pipe that vents the moisture from the dryer to the outside. Over time the dryer vent can become clogged with lint, restricting the flow of air inside the pipe. This prevents the dryer from exhausting the moisture to the outside of the home.
To clean a dryer vent:
- Remove the outside cover on the vent pipe.
- Use a special duct cleaning brush, available at home centers, to clean out the lint.
- Clean out any lint on the cover to allow the flapper to open completely and close securely.
- Reinstall the cover on the vent pipe.
In addition, you may need to pull the dryer out from the wall, detach the vent hose from the machine, and clean inside the flexible hose as well. Also check to see if the flexible vent hose is made from non-flammable metal material and replace any flammable plastic vent hose to avoid a serious fire hazard.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Clean a Dryer Vent (video)
- Dryer Vent Extension (video)
- Venting Dryers in the Attic (article)
- How to Save Energy When Drying Clothes (video)
Videos You May Like
|Clothes Dryer Maintenance Tips||Clothes Dryer Tips||2 Tips to Keep Clothes Dryers Safe and...||Dryer Vent Extension|