Around the Yard
How to Install a Garden Arbor in Your Yard
By: Danny Lipford
A garden arbor creates a great focal point for your yard while providing a place for vegetation, such as vines, to grow. Vinyl garden arbor kits, such as those from Walpole Woodworkers, are easy to assemble and install.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Assemble the arbor and measure the dimensions.
- Layout and dig holes to support the arbor.
- Line the holes with concrete forms, such as Quik-Tube® forms from Quikrete, to contain the concrete and keep it from drying out too fast.
- Install treated 4” x 4” support posts inside the hollow legs using screws.
- Mix up enough concrete to fill the holes.
- Fill the holes about two thirds full.
- Install and level the garden arbor in the holes.
- Fill the holes to the top with concrete.
- Allow the concrete to harden before adding plants to your garden arbor.
Watch this video to find out more.
Videos You May Like
|Advantages of Shade Arbors in Your Yard||How to Install a Garden Arbor Near Exi...||Shade Arbor Building Tips||Build a DIY Arbor Swing|