How to Install a Pneumatic Door Closer on Your Home
By: Danny Lipford
If you have a problem with a door always being left open in your home, a pneumatic door closer might be just the answer. Residential door closers now come in a variety of styles and colors, making them more visually pleasing than their commercial counterparts.
Pneumatic door closers are easy to install. Here’s how to go about it.
How to Install a Pneumatic Door Closer:
- Choose a model and color that will blend in with the woodwork in your home.
- Position paper templates that comes with the closer to the door facing and door, as shown in the instructions, and hold them in place with tape.
- Drill pilot holes through the template into the door facing and door.
- Screw the door closer to the door facing.
- Screw the arm bracket to the door.
- Attach half of the closing arm to the door closer.
- Attach the other half of the closing arm to the door.
- Link the two halves of the closing arms together.
- Adjust the tension screw on the pneumatic cylinder to regulate the closing speed.
- Add the cover housing to give the residential door closer a finished look.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Adjust a Pneumatic Door Closer on a Storm Door (article)
- How to Fix a Sagging Screen Door (article)
- How to Add a Storm Door to Your Home (video)
Videos You May Like
|Adjust Pneumatic Door Closer||How to Install a Storm Door||Fix Sagging Screen Door||Triple Draft Seal Installation|