How to Install a Retractable Awning on Your Home
By: Allen Lyle
Retractable awnings on a patio or deck allow you to control the amount of shade or sun either manually or with the touch of a button. They can be installed on the side of your house in a few hours to provide a shade canopy for up to 10 feet. Here’s how to go about installing a retractable awning:
- Mark the location of the awning on the side of the house, making sure it is level.
- Pop a caulk line to mark the position for the support brackets.
- Attach the brackets to the house even with the chalk line, making sure they are plumb.
- Lift the awning into place and bolt it to the brackets.
- For motorized awnings, plug the cord into an electrical outlet and use the remote control to extend and retract the awning.
Videos You May Like
|Advantages of Retractable Screens for ...||Using Shade to Reduce Energy Bills||How to Create Shade in Your Yard||Retractable Screen Doors|