How to Install a Showerhead
By: Danny Lipford
Replacing your existing showerhead with a low-flow water saving model is both good for the environment and can save money on your utility bill. Here how to go about it:
- Use a strap wrench to unscrew the old fixture (turning counterclockwise) to keep from scratching the finish on the showerhead.
- Apply two laps of Teflon tape to the threads on the water pipe to prevent leaking.
- Hand screw the new fixture into place (turning clockwise).
- Tighten up the showerhead using the strap wrench.
- Turn the shower on, and check for leaks.
Watch this video to find out more.
Videos You May Like
|Replacing a Showerhead||Clean Clogged Showerheads||How to Save Water in Your Home||Water Conservation Winners|