How to Make a Headboard from an Old Column
By: Allen Lyle
To turn an old column into a headboard:
- Apply painter’s tape around the column to mark the cut.
- Cut the columns to length using a reciprocating saw with a long blade.
- Build a cubbyhole shadow box out of 1”x 6” lumber.
- Cut 2”x 12” lumber to size for the base and caps on the columns.
- Attach the headboard, bases, and caps to the two columns.
- Finish the headboard and allow it to dry.
- Install the headboard by securing it to the wall with screws.
Videos You May Like
|How to Replace a Wrought Iron Porch Co...||Replace a Porch Column||DIY Cedar Bed Headboard||Replacing a Column Base|