How to Make a Shoe Caddy from Recycled Materials
By: Danny Lipford
This convenient shoe caddy is made from recycled 5-gallon buckets and scrap lumber. It’s great for keeping track of shoes in your garage, mud room, or closet. To make it, all you need is some 5-gallon buckets, scrap lumber, and leftover paint.
Shoe Caddy Materials List
- 6 – 5-gallon recycled buckets
- 1 – 1” x 8” x 12’ scrap lumber
- 1 – 30” x 40” scrap plywood
- 1 – Quart leftover paint
Making a Recycled Shoe Caddy:
- Use a sabre saw to cut the lip off the buckets with the rim of the bucket acting as a guide.
- Sand the cut edges on the bucket smooth.
- Arrange the buckets in a triangular shape (other shapes can be used as well), using spring clamps to hold them in place.
- Cut the plywood to size in a triangular shape so that it doesn’t protrude past the buckets.
- Screw the bottom of the buckets to the plywood.
- Cut the 1” x 8” to size at an angle so it forms a tight fitting frame around the buckets.
- Nail the four pieces of frame together.
- Sand and paint the frame.
- Slide the frame over the buckets, and screw the sides of the buckets to it.
Cut rim off buckets. Assemble frame. Attach buckets to frame.
Videos You May Like
|DIY Extension Cord Caddy||Repurpose or Reuse to Give Existing Pr...||How to Make a Fence from Recycled Plas...||Make a Cut Bucket|