How to Make a Ceramic Tile Trivet
By: Joe Truini
I had some tile left over from a recent project, so I decided to make a trivet out of it. Here’s what I did:
- Spray a piece of wax paper with a light coating of cooking oil spray.
- Lay two paint stir sticks on the wax paper. Position them closely together so the tile’s corners will hang off the edge.
- To make the feet for the trivet, put a dab of hot glue in each corner of the tile.
- Immediately set the tile on the wood sticks and press down. The sticks serve as spacers to ensure each glue pad is exactly the same thickness.
- Once the glue hardens, peel off the wax paper.
Watch the video for details.
Videos You May Like
|Ceramic vs. Porcelain Tile||Installing a Tile Backsplash||Install Tile Backsplash on Drywall||Using Porcelain Tile in a Shower|