How to Patch Vinyl Flooring in Your Home
By: Danny Lipford
Remove damaged area Apply adhesive Seal seams
Since vinyl flooring is soft, it’s prone to damage. To repair a damaged area:
- Cut Damaged Section: Use a utility knife and straight edge to carefully cut around the damaged section. Follow the flooring pattern to make the patch less obvious.
- Remove Damaged Section: Take out the damaged flooring section.
- Clean Subfloor: Remove any adhesive on the subfloor.
- Cut Patch: Use a utility knife and straight edge to cut a matching patch that fits the opening.
- Glue Patch: Glue the patch in place with vinyl adhesive.
- Remove Excess Glue: Clean up any excess glue with mineral spirits.
- Seal Seams: Use vinyl seam sealer to meld the patch to the original floor.