How to Prepare the Outside of a House for Painting
By: Danny Lipford
To prepare the exterior of your home for painting:
- Replace and prime any rotten wood.
- Scraping or sanding the surface to remove any loose or peeling paint.
- Clean the surface thoroughly, removing any mildew or mold.
- Repair any imperfections, and caulk any cracks to prevent water damage.
- Remove rust from metal trim, and apply a coat of rust preventative primer.
Watch this video to find out more.
Videos You May Like
|How to Paint Rusty Ironwork||How to Paint Wrought Iron||How to Paint Vinyl Siding||Exterior Painting Prep Tips|