How to Remodel a Kitchen on a Budget
By: Danny Lipford
When remodeling your kitchen on a limited budget, consider reusing your existing cabinets and flooring, rather than starting from scratch. Here are some ideas on how to go about renovating your kitchen on a budget:
- Reuse Cabinets: Improve the look of your existing cabinets with a fresh coat of paint and new hardware.
- Keep Flooring: If your existing floor is in good condition, cover it to protect the floor during renovation and reuse it.
- Add Backsplash: Consider adding a ceramic tile backsplash behind the countertops for a durable, attractive look.
- Improve Lighting: Install pendant lights, recessed lights, and under cabinet lighting to brighten up the existing kitchen.
- Upgrade Appliances: Consider upgrading existing appliances to Energy Star rated models which will save money in the long run.