Around the Yard
How to Repair Leaky Garden Hose
Garden hoses often develop leaks over time. Rather than throwing the hose out, repair it by cutting out the damaged part and joining the two pieces back together using a repair kit.
To repair a leak in a garden hose:
- Purchase a hose repair kit, consisting of a connector sleeve and two couplings, that is the proper diameter for your garden hose.
- Find the leak in the hose, and soak that part of the hose in hot water to make it more pliable.
- Use a pair of garden shears or a utility knife to cut out the bad section of hose.
- Slip the repair kit couplings on each of the pieces of hose.
- Work the connector sleeve into both ends of the hose.
- Slide the two couplings on the connector sleeve and use a screwdriver to tighten up the screws.
Watch this video to find out more.
Videos You May Like
|How to Repair a Garden Hose||Advantages of a Soaker Hose in Your Ga...||Neverkink Garden Hose for Your Yard||Pocket Hose Product Review|