How to Replace a Range Hood in Your Kitchen
By: Danny Lipford
Replacing an old range hood with a sleek new model is a fairly easy DIY project that can improve the look and functionality of your kitchen. Here’s how to go about it:
- Turn the power off at the circuit breaker to the existing range hood.
- Remove the filter and cover plate.
- Disconnect the electrical wires.
- Take out the screws or nails holding the range hood in place.
- Remove the existing range hood from the cabinet or wall.
- Configure the new hood to either vent outside or filter and recirculate the air.
- Position the new range hood in place, snaking the electrical wires through the top of the unit.
- Secure the range hood to the opening using screws.
- Connect the electrical wires to the range hood.
- Install the cover plate, filter, and light bulbs.
- Turn the circuit breaker to the range hood back on.
- Test the range hood and lights to make sure they’re working properly.
Watch this video to find out more.