How to Replace Broken Sash Weight Cords on Windows
By: Danny Lipford
To replace a broken window sash weight cord:
- Cut through the old paint on the window trim with a utility knife.
- Carefully remove the window facing using a flat pry bar.
- Cut away a section of wallboard to access the cord and weight.
- Clean out the sash weight compartment and remove any obstructions blocking it in the wall cavity.
- Check and oil the sash weight pulley to be sure it turns freely.
- Replace the sash cord.
- Reinstall the window facing on the window.
Watch this video to find out more.
Videos You May Like
|Installing Replacement Window Sashes i...||Replacing a Window Pane||Reduce Window Air Leaks||Open Paint Stuck Windows|