How to Save Water in Your Home
By: Danny Lipford
Marcie asks, “What can I do to cut down on water usage and waste without sacrificing comfort?”
Saving water in your home is an important way you can help the environment as well as reduce your utility bill. Here’s how to go about it:
- Look for leaks in pipes around your home and repair them.
- Repair dripping faucets by replacing worn washers or valves.
- Check toilets for leaks and repair if needed by replacing the flapper valve or adjusting the water level in the tank.
- Replace older toilets with water saving models, such as dual flush toilets.
- Replace high volume showerheads with low-flow models and limit the time spent in the shower.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Check a Water Meter to Find Plumbing Leaks (article)
- How to Repair a Toilet (video/article)
- How to Repair a Leaky Bath Faucet (video/article)
- Low-Flow Water Saving Showerheads (article)
- How to Install a Showerhead (video)