How to Setup and Maintain a Portable Generator
By: Danny Lipford
To set up a portable generator:
- Attach wheels and handles.
- Filling crankcase with the correct grade of oil.
- Filling fuel tank with the proper fuel.
Maintaining a portable generator:
- Store your generator in a location where the equipment won’t be exposed to excessive dust, dirt, moisture, or corrosive vapors.
- Clean it periodically with a damp cloth or soft bristle brush.
- Don’t hose the generator down with water.
- When storing the unit for more than 30 days, you should empty the fuel or add a fuel stabilizer to the tank and run it through the system.
- If the generator has an electric start, keep the battery charged during long storage.
- Run the generator for 10 minutes or so every 2 to 3 months.
Videos You May Like
|Using a Portable Generator with Power ...||Using a Portable Generator||Choosing the Right Generator||Advantages of an Automatic Standby Gen...|