Installing Roofing and Stucco on the Kuppersmith Project House
By: Danny Lipford
I decided to use asphalt shingles on the roof of the Kuppersmith Project house, but the architectural style shingles I selected are much thicker and more durable than the standard three-tab asphalt roofing which was on the house before.
To give added light to the screened porch on the back of the house, we installed skylights from Velux which employ multiple layers of flashing to ensure there are no leaks.
Stucco was applied to several of the gables on the house. Before the stucco went on, a layer of cement backer board was installed, and the seams in the backer board covered with fiberglass tape. A base coat of stucco was applied next, followed by the finish coat.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Choose a Roof for Your Home (article)
- How to Hire a Roofer for Your Home (article)
- Replacing the Roof on Your Home (video)
- Velux No Leak Skylight for Your Home (video)
- Applying Stucco to the Exterior of a House (video)