DIY Kitchen Cabinet Door Storage Container
Here’s how to convert a plastic storage container into a kitchen cabinet door rack for rolls of aluminum foil and plastic wrap.
Kitchen cabinet door rack:
- Cut End Off Plastic Container: Cut one end off of a plastic storage container using a metal cutting blade in a sabre saw.
- Attach Container to Cabinet Door: Attach the container to the inside of a cabinet door with 1/2” screws so the open end of the container is facing up.
- Fill Door Rack Container: Place rolls of aluminum foil and plastic wrap in the plastic container door rack.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Kitchen Cabinet Door Rack (video)
- Kitchen Cabinet Rack to Store Lids for Pots (video)
- DIY Kitchen Pullout Trash Can (video)
Joe Truini: Here at Simple Solutions, we’re always looking for creative ways to increase kitchen storage. In this case we’re going to be storing foil and plastic wrap and plastic bags—things that you use all the time but are typically buried in a drawer.
I took a plastic storage bin, and I used a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade and I cut off one end. Now I’m going to mount it to the inside of this door, and then we’ll able to use it for storing the foil and other items.
I made these marks earlier, and I’m just going to attach it with a couple of half-inch screws. I’m going to put two on each side.
You want to make sure the screws aren’t too long, because you don’t want them poking through the other side of the door. Put two on this side. I’ll put two more on this side. There you go.
And now you can just slip the boxes right in there. It’s perfect for any tall, narrow box. So they’re easily accessible and you just store them out of the way.
Videos You May Like
|DIY Pantry Storage Solutions||Kitchen Storage Tip||Home and Car Storage Solutions||DIY Kitchen Organizing Tips|