Loose Door Hinge Repair Tip
Sagging doors are often the result of loose hinges caused by hinge screws that don’t bite into the door jamb. A quick fix for this problem is to fill in the door jamb’s so the screw will remain secure. To do that, we used a wooden golf tee.
To repair a loose door hinge:
- Remove the loose screws.
- Coat a wooden golf tee with glue.
- Tap the tee into the hinge screw hole with a hammer.
- Score the tee with a utility knife flush with the mortise.
- Break the tee off even with the bottom of the mortise.
- Allow the glue to dry.
- Reinstall the hinge and screws in the holes.
No more sagging door!
Videos You May Like
|Repairing a Door that Won’t Stay Open||Fixing Squeaky Door Hinges||Remove Brass Hinge Finish||How to Mortise Door Hinges|