Around the Yard
Organic Mosquito Control
By: Danny Lipford
These days we hear a lot about mosquitoes and there are some great organic methods to control these pests.
- An aquarium filled with water and Gamboozia (a type of fish) will help eliminate mosquitoes. The mosquitoes will be attracted to the standing water and will lay their eggs there. The Gamboozia fish will then immediately eat the eggs. You feed the fish while getting rid of the mosquitoes.
- Most people are probably familiar with citronella candles, but you can actually use the citronella plant to repel mosquitoes. The leaves of the plant can be crushed and rubbed on the skin as a natural repellant. You can also make a tonic to spray.
- Lemon grass can be used in a similar way to repel mosquitoes. Simply make yourself some tea using lemon grass. The more you take into your system the less the mosquitoes are attracted to you.
- Basil, Oregano and Rosemary also work in this same way when ingested.
- Eco-Friendly Mosquito Repellent (video)
- How to Control Gnats Outdoors (article)
- Testing a Homemade Gnat Trap (article)
- How to Deal with Wasps in Your Lawn (article)
Videos You May Like
|Natural Insect Predators||Eco-Friendly Mosquito Repellent||Natural Mosquito Repellents||Organic Pest Control|