New Roofing and Siding Materials for Your Home
By: Danny Lipford
Danny found some innovative new roofing, siding, and ceiling products on display at the International Builders’ Show. They include:
- Cool Fiberglass Roofing: The Duration Premium Cool fiberglass roofing shingles from Owens Corning feature granule technology that reduce a homes roof temperature by up to 10° F.
- Synthetic Slate Roofing: The Bellaforté line of synthetic slate roofing from DaVinci Roofscapes features a self aligning design for fast installation and reduced labor costs while giving the look of real slate.
- Bark Siding: For something different, check out Timberclad Bark Siding from Barkclad Natural Products. Made from real poplar bark, this durable and low maintenance siding will bring a truly unique look to your home.
- Easy Remove Ceiling: If you’re looking for a durable, easy to take down drop ceiling for your basement or garage, check out Zip-Up Ceiling. Made from individual panels of solid PVC plastic, this ceiling is water resistant and a snap to take down and put back up for easy installation and access to plumbing or wiring.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Choose a Roof for Your Home (article)
- Innovative Roofing Materials for Your Home (video)
- Low Maintenance Vinyl and Fiber Cement Siding for Your Home (video)
- Specialty Ceilings for Your Home (article)