Opening Up the Staircase Landing in the Kuppersmith Project House
By: Danny Lipford
In addition to modifying the interior wall framing on the Kuppersmith Project house to allow for added closet space and new doorways, we also removed part of the staircase landing on the second floor to open up the space.
Here’s how we went about it:
- We started by constructing a temporary wall under the landing to support the floor joists.
- The flooring and subfloor on the landing were removed.
- The floor joists under the landing were then cut off and removed.
- Support beams were added around the perimeter of the landing and attached to the shortened floor joists.
- The temporary support wall under the staircase landing was removed.
Watch this video to find out more.
Videos You May Like
|Constructing Staircase Railings||Kuppersmith Project 2: Foundation||Kuppersmith Project 3: Exterior||Kuppersmith Project 6: Flooring|