Oven Clean Saw Blade
Circular saw blades can often cost as much as $20-$25 so you not only want to keep them nice and sharp but clean as well. A build up of pitch and tar can quickly dull a blade and even make it smoke when it goes through wood.
You can clean saw blades fairly quickly with ordinary oven cleaner. Make sure you’re in a well-ventilated area or even outside for this.
- Tear off a sheet of aluminum foil and place the saw blade on the foil.
- Using protective gloves spray both sides of the saw blade with oven cleaner.
- Wrap the blade inside the aluminum foil and let it set for about an hour.
- After the appropriate time has elapsed simply fold back the foil and using steel wool gently scrub away the grime.
- Rinse with water and allow to completely dry before storing.
- You may also apply a coat of oil to protect the blade before storing.
Videos You May Like
|Maintaining a Lawn Mower||Dremel Saw-Max Cutting Tool||Sharpening Pruning Tools||Work Sharp Motorized Sharpener from Wo...|