Painting Clay Pots
By: Joe Truini
For a quick and easy way to paint clay pots give them a spin! Here’s how to go about it:
- Before you begin, you’ll need to cut a wooden disk with a hole saw.
- Place a carriage bolt in a drill (one with a speed adjustment knob works best) and attach the wooden disk on top of the bolt.
- Position the drill in a vice so that the carriage bolt and disc are upright.
- In order to make the pot fit snugly over the wooden disk we filled the pot with a couple pieces of bubble wrap.
- Situate the clay pot on the wooden disc by lightly tapping into place.
- Turn on the drill and the pot will spin (you may have to adjust the speed so that its not spinning too fast).
- Apply a small amount of paint to your paintbrush so that the paint doesn’t spin off, and hold the paintbrush against the pot.
The spinning motion will distribute the paint, giving you a quick and cleaner way to get a nice even coat all the way around and down to the rim of the pot.
Videos You May Like
|Clean Hardened Paintbrushes||Mossy Pots||Natural Clay Plaster Walls for Your Home||Advantages of Natural Clay Plaster for...|