Plastic Bottle Cell Phone Charging Station
This homemade cell phone charging station is easy to make from a recycled shampoo or other plastic bottle.
To make a DIY cell phone charging station:
- Cut Bottle: Cut the top and half the front off a plastic bottle with a utility knife.
- Cut Plug Hole: Cut a hole the size of the charger plug in the back of the bottle near the top using a utility knife.
- Plug in Charger: Insert the charger through the hole in the plastic bottle, and plug it into a wall outlet.
- Put Phone in Bottle: Put the cell phone in the bottle to keep it out of the way and up off the floor.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Build a Recessed Wall Cabinet Charging Station (video)
- Reusing and Recycling Plastic Containers (article)
- Ideas for Reusing Plastic Containers in Your Home (video)
Joe Truini: Over the years we’ve shown several ways how to recycle plastic bottles and jugs for other uses, and here’s another great idea. It’s making a little holster for charging your cell phone.
I just took a plastic bottle, this was a shampoo bottle. But you can use a shampoo or a hand lotion or anything, anything like that, that’s at least eight to nine inches tall and wide enough to hold your cell phone.
What it is, I put the phone in the bottle, and then I marked the front of the bottle and all the way around the back. And then I cut it out with a utility knife.
Next I put the plug against the back of the bottle and I cut out a little square hole. Now, all you need to do is drop the phone into the little holster and plug it in. You’ll see, it’ll hang right off of the plug.
So now your phone is up off the floor, out of the way, and fully charged.
Videos You May Like
|Adding a Phone Extension||This Versatile Tote Keeps Tools Organi...||Replacing a Phone Jack||Transit myCharge Recharger|