Simple Solutions

How to Make a Door Bumper with a Pool Noodle

By: Joe Truini
Pool noodle door bumper.

Use a pool noodle to create a car door bumper.

If you park in a garage, you have to be careful every time you swing open a door, because you could damage not only the wall, but more importantly, you could damage the edge of your door.

Follow these instructions to make a bumper out of a simple pool noodle.

• Position the noodle on the wall, keeping it level, so the front and back doors are protected when opened.
  • Attach the noodle to the wall using 1-5/8-inch drywall screws.

Watch the video to learn more.

Comments

6 Comments on “How to Make a Door Bumper with a Pool Noodle”

• Heather Raum Says:
    August 3rd, 2017 at 9:17 am

I am a senior and when it comes to using a ladder, I avoid it’s! We have screens over our gutters and I wanted a way to keep them free of excess pine straw and leaves. I designed a tool that I can use on most of my gutters, but not the ones that require an extension ladder. Does this interest you?
    PS you used my idea for cutting insulation bats with an electric carving knife!

• Kevin Says:
    August 1st, 2017 at 8:51 pm

What I need is a pool noodle down the sides of my car to prevent all the dings from people opening their doors into it.

• joan Says:
    May 15th, 2017 at 2:17 pm

OMG!! BRILLIANT

• Suzan Says:
    April 27th, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Reminds me of a “rubber baby buggy bumper” Great idea. I used the floor cord cover before I saw this.

• Keri Says:
    February 6th, 2017 at 1:38 pm

One of the best idea I have seen..Doing for my mother. Thank you.

• Jennifer nolen Says:
    November 19th, 2016 at 4:55 pm

Love all the tips do u have any more on using pool noodles

How to Make a Door Bumper with a Pool Noodle