Proper Way to Clean a Paintbrush
By: Joe Truini
Quality paintbrushes do a much better job than cheap brushes, and they can last a lifetime as long as you take good care of them. Here’s how to go about cleaning and storing a paintbrush after use:
- Clean the brush thoroughly in the proper solvent while the paint is still wet.
- Follow up by cleaning again with dishwashing soap and warm water.
- Use a brush comb to straighten out the bristles and work loose any dried paint.
- Return the brush to the cover it came in or wrap it in paper, making sure the bristles are flat and straight.
- Hold the paper in place with tape or a rubber band around the metal ferrule of the brush, not the bristles.
- If the brush was still wet when you wrapped it up, remove the damp paper the following day and rewrap it in dry paper.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Paintbrush Tips (video)
- How to Choose a Paintbrush (video)
- How to Paint a Room Like a Pro (video/article)
- How to Paint or Stain Almost Anything (article)
- Interior and Exterior House Painting Tips (video/article)
Videos You May Like
|Keeping Paintbrushes Clean||Paintbrush Cleaning Tips||Clean Hardened Paintbrushes||How to Clean and Store Paintbrushes fo...|