How to Repair Damaged Drywall Corners
By: Joe Truini
Outside corners on walls take a lot of abuse and can become dented and damaged over time. To repair damaged drywall corners:
- Use a hacksaw to cut through the damaged section of the metal corner bead.
- Score along the edge of the bead about 1¼” back from the corner.
- Pry the corner bead off the wall.
- Cut a new piece of drywall corner to fit.
- Nail the corner bead in place.
- Apply several coats of joint compound to the repair, allowing adequate drying time between each coat.
- Sand the joint compound smooth.
- Prime and paint the repaired section of wall.
For more on working with wallboard, see our article on How to Cut and Hang Drywall.
Videos You May Like
|Tip for Repairing Damaged Porch Railing||Drywall Nail Pop Repair||Repair Popped Drywall Nails||How to Repair Drywall|