Ask Danny Videos
Replacing a Bathroom Vent Fan the Easy Way
By: Danny Lipford
Old bathroom vent fans can be noisy and may not do a very good job of removing moist, humid air from your bathroom to keep mold and mildew from forming.
Kits are available that allow you to replace just the motor unit without replacing the fan housing, or you can replace the entire vent fan. When choosing a replacement fan for your bathroom, make sure it’s sized to expel enough air from the room and is easy to install.
The EZFit fan from NuTone (model EZ80N) replaces both the fan and housing and can be installed from the bathroom without having to go into the attic. The EZFit fan is also more powerful and much quieter than typical fans.
How to Install an EZFit bath vent fan:
- Turn off the power to the fan at the circuit breaker.
- Mark the size of the EZFit fan housing using the template.
- Remove the old vent fan and housing.
- Cut out the opening for the EZFit fan.
- Insert the EZFit fan housing in the ceiling.
- Tighten the four tabs on the housing to secure the fan to the ceiling.
- Connect the exhaust duct to the EZFit fan housing.
- Install the motor unit and cover.
- Turn the power back on and test the fan.
Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Replace a Bathroom Exhaust Vent Fan (video)
- Bathroom Vent Fan CFM Calculator (article)
- Cleaning a Bathroom Exhaust Vent Fan (article)
- Maintaining a Bathroom Vent Fan
Danny Lipford: When someone’s bathroom vent fan dies, they often want to know how difficult is it to replace it. If you choose the right replacement, it can be very easy.
The EZFit fan from Broan-NuTone makes it simple, because everything can be done from the room side without having to go in the attic.
A template makes marking the larger opening quick and easy. Then you can remove the old fan. The EZFit housings four tabs that simply twist to clamp the housing directly to the ceiling material.
The height of the unit is just five inches, which means it fits easily into two-by-six frame ceilings. And you can even connect the duct without attic access. Plus, the included reducer allows connections to either a four-inch or three-inch duct.
On top of that, the EZFit motor is up to 50% more powerful and up to 70% quieter than typical fans. Plus, it uses very little power, so you’re saving energy every time you use it.
Videos You May Like
|Bath Vent Fan Update Options||Bath Vent Fan Upgrade Kits||Replace Bathroom Vent Fan||Installing Bathroom Vent Fans in the K...|