Videos

Rust-Oleum Universal Spray Paint Can Take on Any Surface

By: Allen Lyle

Rust-Oleum Universal Spray Paint is the perfect choice for any surface—from wood and metal to plastic and vinyl. It resists corrosion and rust and is available in a wide range of colors, sheens, and finishes—including hammered and metallic.

The ergonomically designed trigger requires a third the pressure to operate, comes with a drip guard, and has a sliding spray lock to prevent accidental discharge. The 360° spray on Rust-Oleum Universal delivers a steady stream of paint at any angle, even upside-down!

So the next time you have a painting project around your house, reach for a can of Rust-Oleum Universal to take the hassle out of spray painting. Watch this video to find out more.

Comments

12 Comments on “Rust-Oleum Universal Spray Paint Can Take on Any Surface”

Lindsay Hughes Says:
    August 31st, 2017 at 10:47 am

Ruth, no, this paint is not food-safe for baking or storing food.

• RUTH Says:
    August 29th, 2017 at 7:34 pm

I have sprayed my old slightly rusting steel 9×13 baking pan with Rustoleum primer and Rustoleum glossy white paint. Will it be safe to use this pan at all for food? Just for storing food? For baking food? The pan is very nice otherwise and has a nice plastic lid.

• Georgette Marino Says:
    August 2nd, 2017 at 5:43 pm

I have an organic surface kitchen sink and would like to paint it black. Will this paint adhere and stand up to washing dishes and constant water?

• Penny Says:
    August 2nd, 2017 at 12:53 pm

I want to paint the metal stalls in our church’s bathroom. Can I use this? Will it chip?

• Diana Says:
    July 26th, 2017 at 11:19 pm

I spray painted the towel holders in the bathroom with the bronze paint. I want to paint the faucet. Will it require some kind of sealant since it’s in a wet/ humid environment and if so which do you recommend.

• Loanna Haseltine Says:
    June 19th, 2017 at 2:04 am

Hello, I want to paint my brand new refrig door in a dark cherry red to match the rest of my kitchen. Unfortunately no retailer in the entire city of 10,000,000 population carries this colour in appliance paint. And typical for the French overwhelming customer service they will not order it either. Can I use Rust olenum universal for my project. It will ruin my frig if it does not adhere. So I want to be sure first. My new frig is delivered in one week. Thank you for your advise.
    Kind regards,
    L. Haseltine

• julie Says:
    February 16th, 2017 at 12:39 pm

hi, want to use a spray paint to paint a plastic toilet seat red for my mother who has dementia and doesn’t recognise a white seat, would this paint do?

• IAN WALLACE Says:
    January 19th, 2017 at 9:46 am

Hello, I have a sandstone surround that my stove sits on. Can I use Rustoleum all surface paint and primer in one to cover over the sandstone?? It says on the tin about using on brickwork but I was unsure about using this on natural stone?

Regards

Ian

• Chelsi J Doss Says:
    January 7th, 2017 at 2:02 am

Hi I’m curious as to if I can use this paint on my walls? I’d really like to do the painted part of my walls in my bathroom with this

Lindsay Hughes Says:
    July 22nd, 2016 at 9:10 am

Melanie, yes, sand the caddy to remove the rust before painting it. Good luck!

• Melanie Harrison Says:
    July 22nd, 2016 at 3:19 am

I want to spray my shower caddy which has completely rusted.
    Do I need to remove the old rust prior to painting it?
    I was planning to use Rust-Oleum Universal Aged Metallics in nickel.

• Susan Says:
    November 23rd, 2015 at 7:40 pm

Hi can I use it to do a porcelain sink?

Rust-Oleum Universal Spray Paint Can Take on Any Surface