Sanding Heart Pine Floors at the Kuppersmith Project House
In my extensive renovation of the 1926 Kuppersmith Project home, we retained the original heart pine floors in the house, and had additional heart pine flooring resawn and milled from salvaged beams.
Once all the flooring had been laid, a walk behind drum floor sander was used to sand down both the existing and new flooring to bare wood. Near walls and around doorways, a disk type edger sander was used to sand the wood the drum sander couldn’t reach.
Scrapers and vibrating sanders were used to remove the finish from stair treads. Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Refinish Wood Floors (video/article)
- Tools for Sanding Wood Floors (video)
- Installing Heart Pine Flooring (video)
- Heart Pine Flooring for the Kuppersmith Project House (video)
- Problems Sanding and Refinishing Heart Pine Floors (article)
Videos You May Like
|Installing Heart Pine Flooring||Staining Heart Pine Floors||About Heart Pine Flooring||Heart Pine from the Kuppersmith Projec...|