Paint Splatter Guard
By: Joe Truini
If you have a sizable paint job around your home you may consider buying your paint in a 5-gallon bucket. There are definitely advantages of doing this: you won’t have so many individual cans to carry around, and it’s more economical. The problem is that it is harder to mix the paint when it’s in a large container.
Many homeowners will attempt to use a mechanical mixer but end up with more paint on their clothes and on the floor than anywhere else. Here’s how to go about it without making a mess:
- Buy an extra lid to fit the paint bucket.
- Drill a hole in the center of the lid with a 7/8″ diameter bit.
- Remove the lid from the paint can and replace it with the modified lid.
- Thread a paint mixer through the hole.
- Chuck the mixer shaft into a drill.
- Put the lid on the paint can and mix.
Videos You May Like
|How to Mix Paint||How to Preserve Paint with Plastic Wrap||Use These 4 Items for an Economical, P...||5 Pro Painting Tips|