Spray Guns for Painting Your Home

By: Danny Lipford

When painting large surfaces, such as the outside of a home, you can save time by using a paint sprayer. Keep in mind that overspray from a sprayer can drift, so be sure to move or cover items like cars or boats.

Sprayers that are available to rent or buy at home centers or tool rental stores include:

  • Professional airless paint sprayer (rent: $50-$75/day, buy: $600-$900)
  • Consumer paint sprayer (buy: $60-$100)
  • Textured ceiling hopper gun (rent: $25/day, buy: $80 plus air compressor)

Watch this video to find our more.


Please Leave a Comment

One Comment on “Spray Guns for Painting Your Home”

You can follow comments to this article by subscribing to the RSS news feed with your favorite feed reader.

    January 4th, 2012 at 8:32 pm

    Dan – I was wondering how you compare the HVLP WAGNER CONTROL MAX SPRAYER GERMAN MADE – TO THE PAINT ZOOM – MADE IN CHINA – as far as overall quality and the workablity and actual finish results and longevity? Any article – comments or reviews? I’ve had a few of the WAGNER ELECTRIC SPRAYER – BUT MAINLY USE AIRLESS OR THE HVLP WITH COMPRESSORS AND REGULATORS. I’ve been thinking about getting either the HVLP zoom or the Wagner for a friend!

We want to hear from you! In addition to posting comments on articles and videos, you can also send your comments and questions to us on our contact page or at (800) 946-4420. While we can't answer them all, we may use your question on our Today's Homeowner radio or TV show, or online at

 characters available

Spray Guns for Painting Your Home