Stripping Door Hardware the Natural Way with Vinegar
By: Joe Truini
To strip paint from door hardware using vinegar:
- Heat 1 cup of white vinegar with 1 cup of water in a pot on a stove.
- Pour the heated mixture into an old cake pan with the painted hardware.
- Let the hardware sit in the vinegar until the paint softens.
- Remove the hardware from the vinegar, and clean using a soft bristled brass brush.
- Rinse the hardware with water and dry.
Videos You May Like
|Nontoxic Oven Cleaner||Clean Hardened Paintbrushes||Vinegar Weed Killer||How to Paint a Galvanized Metal Door|