Simple Solutions

How to Steam-Clean Your Microwave in Minutes

By: Joe Truini

Cleaning microwave

To easily clean a microwave, pour 1 cup of water and 1 cup of vinegar into a bowl.

Add a toothpick to break the surface tension and microwave for 4 minutes.

Then dip a sponge in the solution and wipe the inside of the microwave clean!

Comments

6 Comments on “How to Steam-Clean Your Microwave in Minutes”

Thomas Boni Says:
    May 1st, 2019 at 2:10 pm

Glad to hear, Papa! Please share and we’ll continue to make more videos like this one. 🙂

• Papa Says:
    April 26th, 2019 at 8:51 am

I just have a small .7 cu ft micro so I reduce the solution by half. Works great and has my personal endorsement. We can always count on Joe!

• Pat Says:
    April 26th, 2019 at 5:28 am

I have a convection/microwave installed above my stove. I went this route when I installed new cabinets, rather than cut through them for a vent. We use the fan of the unit. It is deep and it is caked with burnt on grease(?). I have to preheat before using and then I can set my time. How can I steam clean or steam blast my appliance to become more like new? Is there a way? No harsh abrasives can be used on the walls. Too, the glass turntable needs a good blasting also. I am not 5′ tall and had to resort to using this appliance for all my oven needs for more than a year before I could replace my stove. My height prevented me from realizing how bad the situation was becoming until it got out of control.

thomas Says:
    February 26th, 2018 at 9:59 am

Hi, Marleen,
    Here’s more information about this topic: https://www.todayshomeowner.com/video/removing-grease-from-kitchen-cabinets/
    Give it a read and let us know how things work out.
    Thanks for your question.

• Marleen Heyns Says:
    February 25th, 2018 at 9:10 am

I tried several of Joe’s easy solutions and they all work. I’m a big fan of the show! I need to clean my kitchen cabinets and since my range hood doesn’t work properly, there’s a lot of greasy film on my cabinets. Any suggestions for an easy way to clean them?

• Kenneth Lonsinger Says:
    March 1st, 2017 at 5:02 pm

I live in an apartment and would like to install a hanging fan/light. Is there anything on the market that I can hang up without doing a permanent install? Or is this just a pipe dream on my part? Thank you for your time.

characters available