Around the Yard
Tips for Conserving Water in Your Lawn and Garden
By: Tricia Craven Worley
Take the following steps to conserve water in your lawn or garden:
- Raise the height of your lawn mower 2” so it requires less water during a drought.
- Check hose connections to be sure they aren’t leaking.
- Use a shut-off control on your hose when watering.
- Clean sidewalks and driveways with a broom instead of washing down with a hose.
- Apply mulch in your gardens and landscape to help retain moisture.