Tips for Making Your Office Eco-Friendly
By: Danny Lipford
Here are some easy ways to cut down on waste and reduce energy usage in your office:
- Employ energy saving settings on computers.
- Use a power strip to turn computers and other office equipment off when not in use (always shut down computers properly before turning off the power strip).
- Reduce paper usage by saving files electronically, rather than printing them out.
- Communicate electronically by e-mail rather than the postal service.
- Recycle all paper, and purchase recycled paper for your office.
Watch this video to find out more.
I’ve talked a lot about ways to make your home more green, but the same color scheme can also extend into your office. A few simple things can make a big difference, like making sure computers have energy-saving settings programmed in and shutting them down when you leave for the day. You can also plug everything into a power strip with an on/off switch to make shutting down as simple as a flip of the switch.
Because most offices use reams of paper every year, make sure you purchase recycled paper. Better yet, go “paperless” whenever you can. Keep any files, letters or memos on computers instead of in file cabinets. Speaking of memos and letters, send e-mails whenever you can, and when you receive an email, be sure to read and review it on the screen instead of printing it out.
One other suggestion, make sure your office has recycling bins and encourage everyone to jump on the green bandwagon. After all, whether you’re at home or at work, it’s always a good time to be thinking green.
Videos You May Like
|Make Recycling Easy||Ryobi Power Usage Meter||Low-Flow Faucet Aerator||Simple Ideas for a Greener Home|