Tips for Painting and Replacing the Hardware on Kitchen Cabinets
By: Danny Lipford
When painting kitchen cabinets, proper preparation is a must. Here’s how to go about prepping and painting the cabinets in your kitchen:
- Thoroughly clean the cabinets to remove the dirt and grease.
- Lightly sand the cabinets, and wipe off any sanding dust with a damp cloth.
- Prime the cabinets with a stain blocking primer to ensure that the new paint will stick to the existing finish.
- Topcoat the cabinets with an oil or latex enamel. Spraying the doors and drawer fronts gives a smoother finish than rolling or brushing.
To dress up your refinished cabinets, replace the hardware (hinges, knobs, and pulls) to give your kitchen a new look.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Give Your Kitchen a Facelift (article)
- Inexpensive Kitchen Upgrades (article)
- Kitchen Cabinet Upgrade (video)
- How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets (article)
Videos You May Like
|Tips for Painting Kitchen Cabinets||Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformations||Painting Kitchen Cabinets||Tips for Installing Kitchen Cabinets i...|