Tips for Painting Kitchen Cabinets
By: Allen Lyle
Painting your kitchen cabinets can be a great weekend project. Here are some tips on how to go about it:
- Remove the existing door and drawer fronts.
- Clean the doors, drawers, and cabinets thoroughly to remove any dirt or grease.
- Fill any unwanted hinge or knobs holes and imperfections using automotive body filler.
- After the filler has set, sand it down flush with the surface.
- Use liquid deglosser or fine sandpaper to remove the gloss so the paint will adhere to the surface.
- Apply a coat of primer using a brush, roller, or sprayer.
- Apply two topcoats of paint and allow to dry.
- Replace the hardware on the doors and drawer fronts and reattach to the cabinets.
Videos You May Like
|Painting Kitchen Cabinets||Tips for Painting and Replacing the Ha...||Spray Guns for Painting Your Home||Rust-Oleum Cabinet Transformations|