Tips for Rolling Paint in Corners and Storing Wet Paint Rollers
By: Joe Truini
Paint roller tips:
- Rolling Close to Edges: To roll close to corners, ceilings, and door and window casings with a paint roller, simply slide the roller sleeve off the roller cage an inch or two until the sleeve extends beyond the protruding roller frame.
- Removing Wet Paint Rollers: To remove wet paint roller sleeves from the roller frame without getting paint on your hands, slip a plastic bag over the roller sleeve, then grab the bag and slide the sleeve off the roller frame.
- Wet Paint Roller Storage: To keep a wet paint roller sleeve from drying out between coats, wrap the sleeve in aluminum foil or a plastic bag, then store the wet paint roller sleeve in a refrigerator for up to four days.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Paint Roller Tips (video)
- Tips to Keep Your Paint Roller Clean (video)
- How to Clean a Paint Roller the Easy Way (video)
- How to Paint a Room Like a Pro (article)
Danny Lipford: When painting walls with a roller, your first step is to use a brush to cut in around the perimeter of the room.
Joe Truini: That’s necessary because the end of the roller sleeve can’t paint right up against adjacent surfaces. As a result you can often see brush strokes around the perimeter of the room after the paint dries.
To solve that problem, simply slide the roller sleeve off the roller cage about an inch or so, so it extends past the protruding knob. That allows you to roll very close to corners and ceilings, and paint right over the cut in brush strokes.
Here’s another neat tip. Slip your hand inside a plastic bag before grasping the wet roller sleeve and pulling it off the roller cage.
Danny Lipford: Now when you’re painting, and you’re ready for a break, you really don’t have to wash out your roller sleeve. Go to the kitchen, get some aluminum foil, and wrap it around the roller sleeve. Crimp it on the ends to keep the air out.
Joe Truini: And if you’re not going to be able to get back to painting for up to 12 hours or so, simply slide the sleeve off the roller frame and pop it into the refrigerator. There it’ll stay fresh for up to four days.
Videos You May Like
|Wooster Paint Roller Frame||Tips to Keep Your Paint Roller Clean||Paint Roller Tips||How to Clean Paint Rollers|